In the last 8 years, only 26.3% of the doctors who perform the ENARM is accepted, the high number of rejections is due, among several reasons, to the saturation in specialties that they are not so necessary, says Pelayo Vilar Puig, head of the Postgraduate Studies Division of the UNAM School of Medicine. But what will be the LEAST requested specialties?
A little about the ENARM…
More than 40,000 doctors take the ENARM. Of these, 8,000 places are offered to Mexican applicants and 813 to foreigners. The exam of a duration of 8 hours, composed of 450 multiple choice questions with four options. It has 405 questions in Spanish and 45 in English. The clinical exam cases are distributed in the following specialties: Pediatrics 22%, Gynecology and Obstetrics 19.8%, General and Digestive Surgery 11.5%, Trauma and Orthopedics 4.7% and Cardiology 4.4%.
The specialties with the highest demand in general are:
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency physician
- Traumatology and orthopedics
- Family Medicine
The specialties with less demand are:
- Radiation Oncology
- Pathological anatomy
- Public health
- Forensic doctor
- Clinical Pathology
- Quality of Care
ENARM 2022: What will be the least requested specialties?
On the other hand, although we do NOT know with certainty what the medical specialties LESS requested this year, we can make an estimate by the preferences of the previous year.
The specialties that were least requested in the ENARM 2021 based on the information presented were; Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine.
MEDICAL SPECIALTIES ENARM 2022
The doctors and supporting doctors of the XLVI ENARM 2022 will be able to choose between the specialties following:
- Pathological anatomy.
- Audiology, Otoneurology and Phoniatrics.
- Quality of Clinical Care.
- General Surgery.
- Medical Genetics.
- Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Imaging, Diagnostic and Therapeutic.
- Sports and Physical Activity Medicine.
- Rehabilitation Medicine.
- Emergency Medicine.
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- Family Medicine.
- Internal Medicine.
- Legal Medicine.
- Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
- Preventive medicine.
- Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery.
- Clinical Pathology.
- Radiation Oncology.
- Traumatology and orthopedics.
You can download the call in the following LINK.
Which are the requirements?
If you are interested in specializing and continuing your preparation as a health professional, the ENARM is an interesting option. Below we share the requirements to carry out a medical residency.
- The citizen with Mexican nationality must present the CURP.
- If you are a foreigner, present your passport.
- Have printed proof of payment generated by DPA.
- Present the payment of the right for the test to be carried out to the authorities in charge of this process.
- When making the payment, you must complete the registration on the indicated date.
- The applicant in this process, must only select a single specialty.
- Present the professional license, the professional title, professional evaluation certificate by the faculty where the studies were carried out.
- Submit a photograph.
How can I pre-register?
If you meet the requirements mentioned above, then you are ready to pre-register. According to the call, the steps to follow are as follows:
Enter the following LINK
- Select the ‘Pre-registration’ option and the corresponding category
- Complete the form with your personal data
- Accept terms and conditions of ENARM 2022
- Insert the verification number that will be sent to you by email and confirm your request
- Download and print your payment slip
- Make the payment at an authorized banking institution
- After making the payment, re-enter this LINK and log in
- Select ‘Complete Registration’
- fill the form
- Select the venues of your preference
- Upload your official documents in PDF and complete the registration
HISTORICAL! WHO establishes World Center for Traditional Medicine
One of Cristiano Ronaldo’s babies died, but what is the risk of…
humanity lesson [VÍDEO]: Doctor stands next to a wounded woman in the middle…